Web Page Editors
- Dreamweaver (Windows / Mac) – A full-fledged WYSIWYG editor. Good for intermediate to advanced web designers and web editors.
- Contribute (Windows / Mac) – An editor aimed at end users with little experience working with web sites.
Advanced web developers familiar with writing HTML might also find these programs useful:
- Photoshop and Photoshop Elements (Windows / Mac) – Elements is the bare bones version, and works well for users that only need to do simple edits.
- Fireworks (Windows / Mac) – Geared toward creating web site layouts.
- The GIMP (Windows / Mac / Linux) – Free, and open source, if somewhat difficult to use.
- Paint.NET (Windows) – Free. Good for simple photo editing.
Of the above mentioned software, Dreamweaver and BBEdit have file transfer built in, and Contribute users do not need file transfer. For users that require it, here is a list of dedicated file transfer applications:
- Filezilla (Windows, Mac, Linux) – Free, and open source
- With PuTTY
- Cyberduck (Mac) – Free, and open source
Last Updated: October 10, 2017